At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption and implementation of software solutions to business and technology needs. Review system requirements and business processes; code, test, debug and implement software solutions. Work independently in a fast paced environment on highly complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
- Evaluate the integration of various data sources including Oracle, SQL Server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommend efficiencies.
- Develop ETL processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error logging, auditing and data quality.
- Perform data analysis, data mapping, data loading and validation, reusability, parameterization and workflow design.
- Implement data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data.
- Enterprise ETL development and architecture using Informatica with understanding of Cobol file structures.
- Work on Informatica Designer Components – Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Responsible for performance tuning, PL/SQL scripting and full life cycle development in an enterprise datawarehouse environment.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Detailed understanding of Informatica Power Center Components 9.x
- Experience with Informatica Data Services (IDS), Informatica Analyst and Informatica Developer
- Strong database experience including Oracle, MS SQL Server with ability to write complex queries using SQL and PL/SQL
- Unix scripting
- Experience with XML, flat files, web services
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and data warehouse skills
- Logical and physical data modeling best practices and techniques
- Exposure to IDQ preferred
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology