At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the detailed architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology initiatives that are of moderate to high complexity levels with integrations.
Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment.
- Advises and leads software architecture services typically in a defined moderate to complex project(s) by coordinating with Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Ensures that defined architecture is successfully implemented.
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency.
- Develops and governs software policies, standards and procedures.
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and technology strategy.
- Reviews and advises IT standards and procedures.
Application developer must be adept in computer languages and have experience with: BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, fraud technologies, IBM WebSphere, Oracle, SQL, EDW, XML, MQ, Linux, bash shell scripting, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office.
•Communication: Application developer must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to coders, teammates and management.
•Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
•Customer Service: Responsible for directing the functional activities of assigned staff including technical design, product evaluations, and project management.
Provide management with direction and leadership in technical areas. Provide advice and counsel to management concerning the application of computing techniques to business problems.
Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of high complexity and impact.
Prepares project: If dealing directly with clients and customers, application developer uses good customer service skills to answer questions and fix issues.
Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
Problem-Solving: As issues come up, application developers need to be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
Teamwork: As part of a large team of developers, coders and more, application developers need to work well with others.
Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.