About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Trade Finance is the business line, which falls under Financial Solutions IT. The program is building an International Guarantee product, which is a strategic program to be live in 4 regions across the globe. The business line covers the import and export business for BNP Paribas group wherein the product focuses on Bank Guarantees.
Devops Release Engineer
Business Line / Function:
Team Lead / Technical Lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The position is for a release engineer in the team helping to provide and develop DevSecOps solutions for Trade Finance applications. The person should be able to perform Build & Deployment and Environment maintenance activities of strategic applications of the Bank. The associate will be responsible for high availability of applications in all Non-Prod environments. The associate should have knowledge of DevOps framework and should be interested to adopt latest DevOps tools.
- Perform Build & Deployment activities
- Enhance the DevOps pipeline for existing and new applications
- Provide support for UAT & Functional
- Further enhance, Trouble-shoot, understand & resolve problems related to existing systems IN ORDER TO meet user requirements and ensure smooth functioning of IT systems
- Highlight risk and issues in time with appropriate solutions or alternatives
- Act as a team player along with peers to provide application support
- Update Knowledge base document
- Support peers in completing BAU & project tasks
- Share knowledge with the team through training & documentation
- Effectively communicating the overall delivery status
- Should have excellent communication, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Technology adaptation, learning and implementation within the project.
- Strong will to succeed and overcome challenge.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in Release Management activities
- Solid knowledge of full SDLC and experience in supporting applications involving technologies like Java/J2EE, WAS, Apache/IHS, MQ, Tibco
- Strong understanding of Devops - CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, Sonar, Docker
- Experience working in Agile methodology and Devops platforms and tools like GIT, Bitbucket, Sonar, Jenkins, Artifactory, NexusIQ, Fortify.
- Experience in handling configuration tools like GIT, SVN, etc.
- Expert in Jenkins administration and configuration of Maven jobs
- Expert in using build tools like Jenkins, Maven, Liquibase & Nexus
- Must have knowledge in writing Python / Shell scripting
- Should have basic knowledge of writing SQL queries and understand basic error codes
- Should be an expert in using monitoring tools like Dynatrace, NAGIOS, Logstash, Kibana, Elastic Search, etc.
- Knowledge of building & deploying Java/J2EE applications is must.
- Strong communication skills, analysis or problem solving skills
- Should be self-motivated, proactive, confident and willingness to take up challenges
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Very good understanding of Agile development/release model
- Knowledge of automation and scripting tools
- Web or application programming background
- Knowledge of modern databases
- Ability to solve problems in a collaborative way
- Very good communication skills – written and spoken
- Experience in large scale multi-tier web application release management
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E. / B.Sc.
Experience: 5-7 Years