At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
As an internal developer advocate you will help other teams level up their development processes by being responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on highly complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Run internal developer dojos to help other teams adopt DevOps methodologies across a variety of tech stacks
- Develop sample code that demonstrates golden path implementations of different technologies
- Develop training materials on best practices that may be presented in lunch and learns, webinars, blog posts, or other formats
- Create internal tools to ensure the SDLC is making our development process better
- Use your knowledge of industry best practice and what you observe among other teams to provide input on the evolution of SDLC policies and internal tools
- Advises and Leads software development services typically in a defined highly complex project
- Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Develops system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Develops recommendations on process improvements
- Determines and makes recommendations on software design requirements
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase efficiency
- Participates the development of software policies, standards and procedures
- Drafts test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Monitors system tests and documents all issues
Other Job Duties
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Creates Conceptual approach, Estimation, Detailed design, Software Deployment Guide, Supplemental or non functional specification
- Mentors Associate Engineers
- Manages tasks of a small team of engineers and their delivery
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years building enterprise software following Agile methodologies
- Experience will all phases of software development, from inception to decommissioning
- Extensive knowledge of modern DevSecOps practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence technical directions and mentor other engineers
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Full Stack Engineering
- Performs complex development using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Develops and maintains full stack applications
- Understands CI/CD processes and DevOps practices
- Possesses deep experience in one of the following formats
i. Deep in one function, and 5+ functional areas beginner+ level experience
ii. Deep in two functions, and 3+ functional areas beginner+ level experience iii. Deep in three functions, and 2+ functional areas beginner+ level experience
- Tests using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban or other SDLC methodologies
- Designs and leads the development of automated testing capabilities including creating and building new automation frameworks and test tool utilities
- Create automation test strategies
- Develop and execute automated tests of high complexity
- Fully supports POCs, installation, configuration, and maintenance of shared Testing tools and frameworks
- Will create test utilities and tool connectors in support of creating/maintaining automation frameworks
- Experience with and understanding of CI/CD processes, DevOps practices and full-stack methods and has the ability to test, debug, and code
- Strong technical competency in an Object Oriented Programing language
- Works on multiple assignments concurrently
- Create performance, load, and application security testing strategies
- Conduct Automation Brown Bag Sessions, training, marketing and socialization across the bank
- Train, coach, and develop new team members
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.