Sr Quantitative Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for extraction of data from multiples sources to perform risk analysis, loss forecasting and the provision of the net charge-off component to the computation of the Cost of Risk (Allowance For Loans and Leases Losses -ALLL) for all Consumer and Real Estate portfolios. Review various consumer portfolios incorporating trends evolution, drill down analysis and management action points. Perform various ad-hoc analysis for any key emerging risk issues, collaborate with business and risk managers to ensure the timely delivery of results and related analysis.
1. Master's degree required in any quantitative Field such as Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent. Or in lieu of that should have relevant experience in the banking sector especially risk management and/ or loss forecasting.
2. Knowledge of financial analysis data mining and statistics. Demonstrate ability to pull and manipulate large data.
3. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role such as loss forecasting.
4. Excellent Knowledge of PC software applications such as SQL, SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Analytical query experience and ability to write moderately complex analytical queries using SAS to logical solve deep dive problems beyond reporting ability is a must.
5. Understanding of regression or some modeling techniques may be desirable.
6. Good written and verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate well.
7. Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
8. Able to work with minimal supervision.
9. Flexible, proactive working style and adaptive to a team environment.
10. Work effectively as a team member with other quantitative analysts at the company, as well as with external consultants.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Quantitative field required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Quantitative field or MBA with quantitative focus.
- 3 to 5 years directly related quantitative analytics experience
- With an appropriate Master’s Degree 2 or more years directly related experience.
Field of Experience
- Strong quantitative skills in such areas as econometrics, statistics, modeling, and time series analysis
- Strong knowledge of bank products, processes and business practices
- Ability to gather, mine, and analyze large data form multiple sources.
- Knowledge, experience and use of SAS is required.
- SQL experience desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance