Manager of Public Relations-Vice President
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting, enhancing, and protecting the bank's business, brand and corporate reputation. Oversees day-to-day media relations execution and counsels management on the Bank's dealings and activities with media.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides public relations support for corporate and regional initiatives / activities across the Bank.
- Drives various public relations programs and activities that advance the Bank's story and general awareness.
- Guides management/leadership on public relations activities; development of talking points and news releases; and story pitch development.
- Partners with a range of firm spokespeople on public relations strategy, speaking opportunities and media relations.
- Liaises with the media on behalf of the Bank and serves as spokesperson when appropriate.
- Develops public relations recommendations to business partners.
- Participates in issues management.
- Partners with external agency management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven experience consulting with business leaders in the implementation of communications strategies and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience in planning and implementing communications strategies and programs.
- Proven experience working with and influencing team members and business partners and providing guidance and direction on public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the implementation of media relations programs using a multi-channel approach.
- Demonstrated ability to apply general business knowledge and experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent media relations skills.
- Strong presentation and media relations skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, agencies and partners across the organization to deliver integrated, aligned delivery of public relations strategies and activities.
- Creative thinker with the ability to not only devise, but implement ideas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. #LI-CS1