The selected candidate will be able to work out of the following markets; Sacramento, San Ramon, San Francisco, Denver, & Los Angeles.
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented
culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match
on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Program Officer is a core
member of the Retail Banking Group Sales Support team whose role includes the implementation and overseeing of the Retail
Network’s Bank at Work Program as well as other critical programs and
The Senior Program Officer
effectively combines a sales and data focused mindset to analyze, interpret and
communicate insights from data regarding the effectiveness of the programs.
The person chosen for this role will have the
opportunity to partner with leaders across the Bank's footprint to drive
expected sales and/or financial results through program governance, project
management, planning, marketing and process improvements. Essential Job Functions
- Advises and assists the
National Program Manager with the planning, integration and execution of
national programs that support Retail Banking Group deposit, lending and
growth goals with a major focus on the Bank’s Bank at Work program.
- These programs include but are
not limited to Bank at Work, Bank at School, and Bank for employees.
- Creation of content for sales materials/scripts and
responsible for ensuring compliance approval
- May lead cross-discipline teams (such as Product,
Marketing, Communications, IT, Product Development) to establish
integrated plan to deliver on program goals and objectives and proactively
identify related dependencies and risks impacting the program success.
- Responsible for analyzing, interpreting and
communicating insights from data regarding the effectiveness of the
- Recommends data driven program improvements.
- Partner with various lines of business (Retail, Wealth
Management, SME, Corporate Banking, etc.) to ensure accurate capture of
- Identifies business segment needs and monitor program
status and metrics to ensure milestones are met, including internal and
external delivery commitments. Ensure ongoing communication of progress
against program objectives.
- Develops the expertise and serves as a
subject-matter-expert on the Bank at Work program. Conducts training
classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves questions or issues
raised by customers, business partners, and other team members.
- Ensure ongoing communication of progress against
- Gathers and maintains current information on
competitive programs and/or products.
- Proactively identifies and resolve issues and make
recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
- Liaises with the business, development team and technology
on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for effective communication to all business
partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted
and well thought out prior to implementation.
- As needed, assists the Retail Sales Support
Group Manager with various tasks related to management of the retail
branch incentive plans.
Other Job Duties
- Provide information and recommendations to partners as
- May manage internal/external customer research and
awareness studies to measure issues of interest. Request additional
research necessary for management decision-making.
- May recommend process improvements to introduce
efficiencies and/or strengthen controls.
- Supports various other initiatives that support the
business unit's objectives as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline or
reflects the aptitude to get up-to-speed quickly.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (Desired)
- Thorough understanding of sales process
- Good understanding of branch banking.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Strong Excel skills required; SQL/Programming skills
- Extensive exposure to data analysis, presentation
development and delivery
- Capability of using advanced statistical techniques and
tools for data mining and modeling
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing
complex issues based-on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse
group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Project Management