At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for focusing on the development of a profitability framework for the product, branch, customer, channel and other segments that support investment decision making and help manage business performance effectively. In addition to profitability analysis, new reporting needs to be developed to regularly update senior management on the views and how they change by various factors including customer behavior and vintage. In addition, develop and automate review materials for key stake holders and senior management.
Essential Job Functions
1. Partner with the business and support groups and under the guidance of Management, develop analytical framework to measure product/branch/customer/household/channel and segment profitability.
2. Assist in developing roadmap for Product/Branch/Customer/Household/Channel/Segment Profitability for Bank of the West (The Bank).
3. Develop analytical capabilities for the Bank that support Marketing and Product decisions and that help the Bank make improved and informed investment decisions.
4. Provide management with measurement data to support strategic decisions on product pricing for existing products and new product development, marketing campaigns and other product related profitability decisions. Present findings to the executive level and socialize forecast methodology/result with LOB partners.
5. Develop analytical capabilities to evaluate and review the financial impact of the business unit’s planned business actions on the Bank.
6. Develop reporting capabilities to track and monitor product/segmented client performance against projections on a periodic basis.
7. Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business and functional priorities.
8. Work to enhance the understanding of data elements and ensure data quality. Work with LOB partners and modelers on modeling approach, assumption in order to ensure consistency in forecast process; become subject-matter-expert on data and business characteristics for subject portfolios.
9. Build lasting partnerships internally and externally so as to encourage open communication and knowledge sharing. Partner with LOB partners and/or external vendors on data definitions; collect and validate data for modeling and benchmarking purposes; find solution to bridge potential data gap.
10. Articulate requirements and extract data from the Finance Data Mart as well as other databases as required.
11. Document current process and enhancements; perform control and governance checks.
12. Time Management and organizational leadership skills.
13. Working knowledge of profitability and cost analytics.
14. Knowledge and working experience of SQL, MS Access, Hyperion & Essbase, Tableau a plus.
15. Able to interact with various business and support partners.
Bachelor’s Degree- Required in Business Administration, Finance, Economics
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Good management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
· Fair knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools.
· Understanding of style guides and editorial process.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
· Basic understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
· Ability to problem solve and swiftly escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
· Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment and prioritize deliverables.
· Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts
· Strong leadership, and keen focus on details skills.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.