At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to facilitate for Service Recovery, research and respond to questions/incidents from E2E operations across all Banking Services. Responsible for providing support related to various or assigned complex products. Support may include leading and implementing projects to develop new products, establish compliance with new regulations, introduce process improvements, and perform system upgrades or enhancements. Serves as a subject matter expert on the operational aspects of the business. Functions as a point of contact for audit, risk and compliance personnel.
- Serves as a subject-matter-expert on the assigned line of business. Conducts training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Supports new product development activities by researching operational, accounting, systems, risk and compliance implications; assisting with efforts to develop a business case before product launch; developing and implementing systems and process changes; and updating process workflows and policy & procedure documentation.
- Implements new regulatory requirements in the back office and middle office, including: analyzing the regulations and understanding their impact on the business; implementing process changes; and providing training to employees on the new requirements.
- Researches and resolves questions or issues raised by customers, business partners, and other team members including but not limited to: discrepancies, system issues, policy interpretations, and audit remediation. Ensure proper reporting of the same to all the stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with audit, risk and compliance personnel. Provides overviews of the business and related processes and controls; answers questions; responds to requests for information; attends audit meetings; and implements solutions to remediate findings and recommendations.
- Supports various systems projects for the business unit including system implementations, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Manages relationships with peers, business partners and vendors to ensure that bank objectives are achieved.
- May recommend process improvements to introduce efficiencies and/or strengthen controls.
- Supports various other initiatives that support the business unit's objectives as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including
- Complete understanding of product structures, systems
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Develop office procedures.
- Negotiation skills.
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to work across cross-functional team members.
- Presentation skills.
- Use personal computer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Fraud/Loss Prevention.
- Knowledge of fraud prevention techniques.
- Knowledge of IRIS platform.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Product Development