At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on our industry and the world. We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build the future.
We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we redesign and rebuild all of our digital products. From our native mobile apps to our extensive portfolio of online products and services we aim to reset the bar for consumer experience in the financial industry. To accomplish our goals, we are building a team of professionals assembled from e-commerce, entertainment, fintech, and social media.
We are looking for people unafraid of bringing their authentic selves to work. Our inspiration and collaboration depend on the diversity of our teams, and inclusion of all voices in our process. We value honesty, transparency, and positive leadership. We are not interested in corporate politics. We appreciate action. We reward continual improvement. We want you to grow. We want you to be yourself. We want you to ask for help and help your peers. We want you to work hard and be proud of the results. We want you to take vacation. We know that when we support you, you will do the best work of your career.
Our eyes are on the future and we need you to help make it happen, join us.
Our organization operates in a Centralized Partnership model. Management of assigned product(s) including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business teams.
Essential Job Functions
· Analyzing product opportunities, advocating for great digital-channel experiences
· Partnering closely with different business teams representing user and bank needs, presenting to internal stakeholders as the product expert
· Provides direction and collaborating with leadership and internal stakeholders to determine product priorities
· Contributing to overall product vision, strategy, development and execution including product definition, vision, strategy, and initiative/roadmap development
· Collaborating with leadership to ensure product backlog represents a plan for increasing customer value over time through market differentiation and the delivery of great customer experiences across channels and touchpoints
· Tracking and reporting customer and digital success metrics
· Partnering closely with engineering, user experience, customer experience strategy, and design to ensure quality and consistency of experiences
· Leveraging customer-centric thinking, discovery and research, rapid iteration, and lean practices to quickly validate backlog concepts
· Managing product management activities by developing expertly defined stories, identifying and managing dependencies, ensuring research and design, following and enhancing processes, defining acceptance criteria and quality measures
· Generating all product, project, and platform artifacts for product development (business cases, cost-benefit analyses, product overviews) and product management (platform requirements, project briefs, epics, stories etc.)
· Acting as product owner in agile/scrum product development or project owner in conventional product development, as needed
· Define and track product-specific analytics
· Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
· Gather market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
· Identifies new or revised products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase. Formulates a best practices approach to handling them.
Other Job Duties
· Counsels on the development of marketing and advertising programs for the assigned product or products.
· Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services. May develop plans to impact.
· Develops criteria for testing newly developed products, reviews test results and recommends necessary alteration of testing of product.
· Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
· Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup, fintech or digital industry
· Understanding of experience product development concepts including product strategy
· Experience with customer-facing desktop, web or mobile software product offerings, for either end users or internal users
· Organizational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
· A strong sense of urgency to help customers and the ability to identify insights and deliver quality work quickly
· An attitude that includes being self-motivated, learning, and dead-set on optimizing
· Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational and marketing aspects.
· Understanding of product planning and market research.
· Analytical and research
· Digital Bank product and service knowledge
· Negotiation skills
· Presentation skills
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
· 3+ years relevant product management or product development experience working in a fast-paced, digitally-oriented environment related to consumer services, preferably in a regulated industry
· Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your numbers
· Experience in product development activities (including managing/partnering for what it takes beyond software development: research, operations, and communications)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.