Sr. Product Manager - Vendor Managment
Job Description Summary
Responsible for management of assigned products, operational functions and capabilities. Collaborates with business, tech, operations, vendors and other subject matter experts across the organization to build and operationalize new products and capabilities, and executes continuous improvement.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages development and continuous improvement of products, operational functions and capabilities.
- Manages vendor relationships and performance of vendor accounts. Maintains a good understanding of products and professional services provided by vendors. Ensures that financial, performance and, risk and compliance requirements are being met.
- Facilitates kaizen, problem solving and rapid improvement process events in partnership with Business, Operations, Tech and other relevant internal and external partners.
- Develops business cases and communicates strategies to senior audiences.
- Owns and proactively identifies issues and drive resolutions end-to-end.
- Produces project reporting and tracking documentation to evaluate progress and quality as needed.
- Develops key metrics KPIs, KRIs to monitors trends. Ensures compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts trainings on new or updated functions and procedures, as necessary.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key partners and senior stakeholders. Engages and supports communications activities with senior stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties
· Partners with Business, Operations, Tech and other relevant internal and external partners to:
o Develop criteria for testing of development and continuous improvement of products, operational functions and capabilities.
o Review test results and recommends necessary alteration of testing plans.
o Evaluate ideas for new products, investigate market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
o Manage products to determine and monitor product life-cycle and recommending pricing and marketing strategies accordingly.
· Manages a team of product support professionals
- 7 years or more of experience in Banking. Experience in Commercial Loans and Trade Finance nosiness domains will be a plus. Analytical and metrics driven
- Bank products and services knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of vendor management, and related operational functions
- Experience in project management
- Continuous improvement (Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Development and optimization of processes
- Analytical and metrics driven leadership
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Effective communication
- Talent management, recruitment and coaching
- Coordinate meetings
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.