Sr Principal Syndications Officer
At Bank of the West,
our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we
feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women
entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of
the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives,
and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
· Responsible for leading Origination team covering National Banking and Agribusinesses divisions seeking Left and Right Lead opportunities for middle-market and Fortune 1000 companies.
· Provide value-added consultation to clients and relationship managers, and direct all activities including origination, structuring and execution.
· Work closely with BNPP Corporate and Investment Bank on broader capital market products.
Develop and maintain
active dialogue with pro rata investor base (secondary role in Distribution).
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the Bank's development efforts by developing, negotiating and arranging syndicated credit opportunities by leading the arrangement and preparation of large and complex pro rata loan syndications;
- Ensures credit facilities and transactions are properly structured, priced and documented.
- Responsible for preparation of underwriting memos.
- Ensures compliance with Bank of the West credit values; maintain balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank.
Other Job Duties
- Analyzes primary and secondary loan market data and trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires leadership knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience in Loan Syndications or Coverage (as a relationship manager or group head) with a focus on Left and Right Lead transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance or Business
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation including accounting and financial statement, and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of the syndicated market activities including general practices, deal structures, and documentation.
- Knowledge of bank products and services used by commercial clients.
- Complete knowledge of commercial lending, sales and financial service needs.
- Significant experience in leading Syndicated credits in the market.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.