At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading/contributing to the successful structuring/distribution of BOW Agented transactions by driving new Syndicated activity with the commercial line units. Responsible for working with the Bank's commercial line units in new business development and portfolio management for existing and/or future syndicated credits. Contributes to the expansion of the syndicated credit customer base and the development of customer and investor relationships. Acts as a team leader for other Syndication Officers. May focus on a specific industry(ies).Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports the Bank's development efforts by developing, negotiating and arranging syndicated credit opportunities by leading the arrangement and preparation of large and complex loan syndications; assists in the analysis of market trends, industry status and cycles, and credit information including underwriting deals.
- Ensures credit facilities and transactions are properly structured, priced and documented. Responsible for preparation of all underwriting memos. Ensures compliance with Bank of the West credit values. Recognizes responsibility for ongoing account monitoring. Is proactive in problem detection and resolution. Maintains balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank.
- Establishes and maintains an effective business development program to develop significant syndicated credit opportunities. Establishes and maintains a cooperative relationship with other financial institutions in an attempt to promote reciprocal loan syndication activity.
- Develops and recommends annual business plan goals and objectives for Syndicated activity for Divisions covered, loan management, asset reduction strategies and other key areas for syndicated credits.
- Analyzes primary and secondary loan market data and trends.
- Assists in the preparation, approval, distribution, administration and maintenance of loan participation/syndication. Issues reports on assigned tasks.
- As a team leader, oversees activities of other officers to ensure that current and potential customers receive the best service possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires leadership knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance or Business
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation including accounting and financial statement, and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of the syndicated market activities including general practices, deal structures, and documentation.
- Knowledge of bank products and services used by commercial customers.
- Demonstrated sales and / or portfolio management ability.
- Complete knowledge of commercial lending, sales and financial service needs.
- Significant experience in leading Syndicated credits in the market.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. #LI-CS1
Primary Location: United States-California-Los AngelesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related