Sr Operations Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Operations Analyst who will have responsibility for operations and platform support for the delivery of Regulatory reports, and other data supports within the Enterprise Data Management at Bank of the West. The Senior Data Operation Analyst is accountable for services including Platform support & operations, Data Validations, monitoring of Data Quality and Control checks
In this position, the Senior Data Operations Analyst will partner closely with Enterprise Data management Teams, Business Report Owners, Corporate Functions; Finance, Risk and Treasury to drive the upkeep, continuity, and maintenance of Enterprise Data’s systems and data assets.
Have Platform Operations ownership that entails maintaining and building productive relationships with our business & technology groups
Acts as a liaison between Enterprise Data Technology and Business Report Owners.
Provides progress updates on key issues, status of resolutions and ensures Enterprise Data is aligned with business concerns
Communicate/Summarize production issues to Product Managers, Senior Managers, and Technology Partners
Collaborate closely with Business and Technology teams to triage & prioritize problems
Engage partners/vendors as needed to initiate problem resolution
Open research requests to Technology teams to initiate investigations
Maintain and facilitate awareness of the Enterprise Data infrastructure status and supporting production processes
Collaborate with business, IT and Enterprise Data colleagues to communicate planned and unplanned change activities to elevate awareness to clients and stakeholders
Provide support and coordination of priority 1 and 2 issues, supporting Enterprise Data by initiating problem awareness, resolution and escalation
Function as a production “process critic” by analyzing processes for improvement opportunities
May train and guide the work of less experienced Operational Analysts
Prepares effective reporting and presents information for various monthly status reports
- 7 - 9 years’ experience in Business Analysis in a financial institution, preferably Retail Banking
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work autonomously
- Solid knowledge of financial industry and related products
- Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Excel
- Clearly conveys information and ideas while listening and responding appropriately to all stakeholders
- Sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
- Ability to work under pressure, manage variable workload and creatively address various topics
- Able to navigate competing requirements to reach consensus with representatives on behalf of CIB/IS and among stakeholders within CIB/IS and BNP Paribas
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts and individuals within CIB/IS perimeter
- Bachelor degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.