At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages directly through subordinates, operational activities for a large single functional unit or multiple sections within an assigned group (CBG, NFG, RBG, WMG, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, Finance & Administration) Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs. Works on moderately complex issues and projects.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for managing the operational activities on a variety of sections including those of high complexity and risk, to maximize productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to the design and implementation of operational activities for a large single functional unit or multiple sections within an assigned group.
- Exercises administrative control over the functions and activities of the sections, including budget.
- Communicates and interprets operations performance, quality standards and goals for assigned sections.
- Monitors and adjusts the daily workflow to ensure that operational commitments are met.
- Formulates, plans, and organizes new projects that will enhance the bank's customer service capabilities; reduce costs; and contribute to the bank's cost savings initiatives.
- May review and revise service agreements both internally and externally. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services