At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provide front line field based sales of finance products for manufacturers and equipment dealers. Develop and maintain relationships with equipment dealers and resellers in an assigned geographic territory. Also expected to build strong relationship with manufacturers' territory sales personnel. Handle all aspects of dealer and end user customer interaction in the field including negotiate lease terms, pricing and facilitate the necessary credit information to underwrite transactions. Provides training to dealer and reseller staff on EFD external portal for pricing and app entry. Participates in planning for business segment and strategic programs. Responsible for monthly/annual new business production and margin budget for assigned territory and programs. Work within designated market segments and provide the necessary expertise to protect assets from potential fraud and credit loss.
Essential Job Functions
- Market EFD Vendor Finance equipment finance and leasing products and services to equipment dealers and resellers in assigned territory.
- Establish in-person marketing calls with dealers and resellers in assigned territory. Expected to visit all assigned dealers and resellers multiple times each year.
- Make sales presentations to dealers and resellers supporting manufacturer programs and financing promotions.
- Troubleshoot dealer and reseller relationships to continuously improve financing penetration through superior service levels.
- Work with dealers/resellers on new credit applications to obtain required underwriting information for end user customers .
- Mediate transaction structuring between end user customer, dealer/reseller, manufacturer and EFD Credit to maximize credit approvals.
- Monitor and report competitive conditions and pricing in assigned territory.
- Provide periodic training to dealer/reseller and manufacturer reps. on EFD external pricing and app entry portal as well as specific financing products, programs and promotions.
Other Job Duties
- Participate in manufacturer sales activities and meetings.
- Assist as necessary in the processing of transactions through the funding process.
- Ability to use equipment finance and leasing software.
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly new business volume in assigned territory.
- Familiarity with equipment finance and leasing credit underwriting methods including scorecard driven and financial statement driven methodologies.
- Required to participate in manufacturer strategy planning and execution for assigned territory.
- Required to participate in annual budgeting and forecasting with respect to assigned territory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Business
- Experience in Equipment Finance sales; preferrably vendor finance
This position has the option to work remotely as long as it is in within our 26 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.