Sr Lead Trsy Invst Prt Analyst
of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re
investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and
promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S.,
Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Assist the Treasury ALM
Front Office in evaluating strategies and executing transactions for the bank’s
fixed income investment portfolio, wholesale funding activities, and
Essential Job Functions
- Asist in managing the bank’s wholesale funding activities such as brokered CDs, Fed Funds, and FHLB advances. Include relative value analysis across wholesale funding options and trade execution.
- Assist in screening and evaluating fixed income securities, including US Treasuries, agency debt, mortgage backed securities (MBS), municipal securities, and other types. Screening and evaluation process relies on bond metrics such as yield duration, convexity, and option adjusted spread. Execute security transactions as directed.
- Evaluate and execute derivative transactions as part of the Bank’s overall interest rate management program.
- Participate in conference calls, discussing the overall financial markets, interest rate landscape, and economic environment.
- Assist the portfolio manager in the preparation of monthly Investment Committee meetings and Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) meetings.
- Assist in the review and approval of monthly security valuation process, monthly investment portfolio reporting, and quarterly testing for other than temporary impairment (OTTI).
Other Job Duties
Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Progress towards CFA beneficial.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.