At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting preparation of Federal Consolidated, Combined and Separate returns and estimates (including work papers, intercompany journal entries, and EFT transmissions/mailing). Prepare Monthly Tax Provision and maintain Tax Accounts, Accounting Certifications and assist with preparation of various other Compliance/Regulatory reports including IFRS report to Parent, Disallowed DTA, CCAR/DFAST Stress Testing.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in preparation of Federal Consolidated, Combined and Separate returns and estimates (including work papers, intercompany journal entries, and EFT transmissions/mailing).
- Prepare all small subsidiary tax returns.
- Assist in preparation of year-end tax footnote.
- Assist in preparation of Apportionment Factor.
- Prepare Monthly Tax Provision and maintain Tax Accounts.
- Prepare Accounting Certifications.
- Assist in preparation of various other Compliance/Regulatory reports including IFRS report to Parent, Disallowed DTA, CCAR/DFAST Stress Testing.
- Perform basic tax research and Respond to tax questions from Business Units.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range:
$100,000 - $215,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for annual incentives.
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated may undergo regular testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.