Sr Lead Scrum Master
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages day-to-day aspects of a scrum team, which includes leading Scrum Events (Backlog, Planning, Review, Retrospectives, and Daily Stand Ups) and be an advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams. You will act as primary point of contact, information hub, and escalation point within an assigned function for all stakeholders including all functional departments, Clients, and Third Party Suppliers.
Essential Job Functions
- Be the guardian of a medium to large, fairly complex scrum team
- Raises impediments and remove roadblocks/distractions, resolving challenges quickly and positively
- Facilitates medium to large team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/demos, and retrospectives
- Aligns your teams around clear goals and encourage direct, positive involvement in all aspects
- Grows team confidence to experiment, iterate, evolve, and learn
- Ensures full transparency with velocity, burn down/up reporting, and communicating team progress with value focused metrics
- Collaborates with Product Owner in backlog grooming
- Leverages your expertise to change mindsets, empower team members, and build a great team
- Consistently improve the process / product and take and receive direct feedback on what’s working and what’s not
- Leads and influences others, including those more senior on best practices
- Anticipates and responds to changes in direction, priority, and sprint performance
- Supports and empowers the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined within experience
- May have deep knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possess conflict resolution skills, with a focus on open, honest communication, and respect
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of agile methodology and scaled framework like scrum, Kanban, SAFe etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Jira / Confluence / CA PPM (Clarity) / CA Rally or similar tools
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Stakeholder management, negotiation, and communication
- Intermediate to advanced planning skills with strong estimation experience in a scrum format
- Intermediate to advanced ability to bring out the best in others and lead by example
- Intermediate to advanced interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with diverse personality types
- Intermediate to advanced analytical, planning and organizational skills, and a talent for managing competing demands
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of continuous build and integration environments
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.