Sr Lead Quantitative Analyst
Sr Lead Quantitative Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having
a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the
most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs,
financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable
energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action
to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities.
We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development
Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are
continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while
contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for consumer loan pricing analytics, pricing operation and competitive intelligence analyses along with business intelligence reporting for Personal Finance Division at Bank of the West.
Essential Job Functions
- Produce weekly pricing analytics reports to highlight volume and return impacts due to pricing changes
- Make pricing recommendations based on pricing optimization and competitive intelligence analyses
- Develop and maintain effective pricing models under various model assumptions
- Work closely with Risk to build a solid risk based pricing strategy for long-term profitable growth and with Finance to ensure portfolio profitability is properly measured
- Collaborate with IT and other groups to implement rate changes for consumer loan products offered by Bank of the West
- Work with booking and funding to identify any pricing related issues and credit and sales teams to enforce pricing exception policy
- Produce various business intelligence reports for management review and other ad hoc reports as necessary
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and/or SQL and proficient on PowerPoint and Excel Macro required
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability with experience working with extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
- 5+ years’ experience in pricing and/or related such as risk management roles
- 2+ Experience working in the Financial Industry
- Extensive exposure to data analysis, presentation development and delivery
- Capability of using advanced statistical techniques and tools for data mining and modeling
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics and Finance) required
- Advanced degree Masters/ Ph.D. degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics and Finance) desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
: United States-California-San Ramon
: Accounting Finance