What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.Job Description Summary
Responsible for review and validation of models and assumptions used in Asset/Liability Management, including liquidity, interest rate risk management, and funds transfer pricing. Review policies, procedures, metrics, and limits used for managing interest rate and liquidity risk. Develop new/enhanced policies and metrics where needed. Perform checks on key monthly risk measures. Maintain model documentation, model inventory, and validation schedule. Support analytical needs of the Market Risk Management department in areas of portfolio, interest rate, and liquidity risk.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Maintain inventory of ALM models with Market Risk Manager, assess the level of risk.
- Determine approach to validation , criteria, level of detail, documentation, and perform validation of models, or direct engagements of outside parties to do so
- Develop benchmark tests for assessing reasonableness of key monthly ALM risk metrics
- Develop and enhance monthly ALCO and Risk Committee reporting, including key risk indicators for interest rate and liquidity risk
- Verify that the Bank is in compliance with existing risk limits
- Review Treasury ALM policies and limits for appropriateness; recommend changes/enhancements
- Additional analytical-related activities that may arise.
- Prepare recommendations/presentations for senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & CertificationsSkills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Familiarity with model validation and governance in a bank.
- Thorough understanding of bank ALM management, including key measures used by banks to assess interest rate and liquidity risk.
- Knowledge of QRM,
- Excellent financial modeling and empirical research skills with hands-on experience in model validation/quality assurance systems.
- Demonstrated quantitative financial knowledge in the following financial models: stochastic interest rate, prepayment, spread, default, and cash flow.
- Ability to analyze, apply, interpret, and communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audiences and develop presentations of all models to ensure management’s understanding of operation, purpose, and outputs of models.
- Demonstrated project management skills to include working within short timelines and under pressure at times.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. #LI-CS1
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance