What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for advising and assisting multiple units and internal clients with expense and profitability reporting, as well as investment decision-making at Bank of the West. This can include the development of unit, segment, product, and channel views that support financial decision-making and help manage business performance effectively. Leads Finance efforts with internal clients to translate business strategy into Financial plans. At the same time, works with internal clients to achieve Financial objectives. Able to utilize financial and non-financial data to driver results, in partnership with other teams and leaders. Responsible for financial forecasts, annual planning and budgeting, variance analysis, monitoring and reviewing the monthly Accounting close, as well as ad hoc analysis of projects and initiatives. Will have significant interaction with senior management -- outstanding presentation skills (both verbal and written) are essential.
Essential Job Functions
1. Serve as a key communications bridge between business units and Finance management to identify trends and courses of action, ensure and represent the accuracy of financial information, and develop analytical frameworks to design and measure results
2. Provide management with measurement data to support strategic decisions and present findings at the executive level
3. Develop reporting capabilities to track and monitor performance against projections on a periodic basis
4. Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business and functional priorities
5. Build lasting partnerships within the bank that encourage open communication and knowledge sharing
6. Develop analytical capabilities for the bank that support decision-making, as well as to evaluate and review the financial impact of business unit plans on the Bank
Essential Knowledge & Skills
1. Time Management and organizational leadership skills
2. Working knowledge of profitability and cost analytics, as well as general financial reporting, planning and analysis
3. General understanding of GAAP required
4. Knowledge and working experience of Hyperion and Essbase required
5. Ability to interact with various businesses and support partners required
Location: This role can be based full time in SF or based part-time in San Ramon and part-time in SF.Required Experience
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.