At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on our industry and the world. We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build the future.
We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we redesign and rebuild all of our digital products. From our native mobile apps to our extensive portfolio of online products and services we aim to reset the bar for consumer experience in the financial industry. To accomplish our goals, we are building a team of professionals assembled from e-commerce, entertainment, fintech, and social media.
We are looking for people unafraid of bringing their authentic selves to work. Our inspiration and collaboration depend on the diversity of our teams, and inclusion of all voices in our process. We value honesty, transparency, and positive leadership. We are not interested in corporate politics. We appreciate action. We reward continual improvement. We want you to grow. We want you to be yourself. We want you to ask for help and help your peers. We want you to work hard and be proud of the results. We want you to take vacation. We know that when we support you, you will do the best work of your career.
Our eyes are on the future and we need you to help make it happen, join us.
Our organization operates in a Centralized Partnership model. Management of assigned product(s) including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business teams.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading our strategy across the brand, identifying major strategic opportunities, and implementing them to the highest level of detail across various channels and business functions, with a focus on the customer. You will fixate on the customer journey from beginning to end and build out consistent, innovative and measurable programs to help push our brand forward into new territories and make valuable contributions to both business and consumer.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Develops and adapts the product vision; represents the customer’s voice and creates a product vision together with your stakeholders
- Oversees/manages detailed information gathering from the business teams and specialist teams (UX, Analytics etc.), preparing the handover of requirements to Scrum teams in the form of EPICs and User Stories
- Analyzes potential product enhancements and requests, to determine the best way to develop and build the best solution in the time available, setting the expectations for the delivery of new functionality
- Ensures good backlog management by creating a manageable product backlog with items that likely will get realized
- Ensures Scrum meetings allow for honest and direct feedback, provides sprint goals, completes planning, and gets feedback via retrospectives
- Observes, analyzes, and learns the market, customers, and end users of the product
- Maintains regular touchpoints with every stakeholder of the product
- Own a complex product or multiple simple to medium complex products and be comfortable making decisions based on input from the customer and the teams
- Takes backlog refinement seriously and spends time refining the Product Backlog, adding detail as you go
- Be organized, with the ability to impact business change and to switch from tactical execution to broader business-wide thinki
- Measures value delivered to customers in each sprint
- 10 years related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Skills in delivering results, with a track record of achievement, accountability and translating complex strategies into actionable plans
- Analytical, planning and organizational skills and a talent for managing competing demands is a plus
- Skills in time-management, with a proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Judgement and problem-solving skills, demonstrating sound judgement in assessing risks and making decisions that balance a variety of factors while always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy
- Relationship building, stakeholder management, communication skills and being an engaged influencer
- Competency with Minimal Viable Product (MVP), project life cycles, structured analysis and process methodologies
- Writing user stories for scrum teams, and delivering business value leveraging your training
- Knowledge of at least one lifecycle tool such as Jira / CA PPM (Clarity) / CA Rally
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.