Sr Lead Operational Risk Testing Officer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the management and execution of the Second Line Operational Risk testing Strategy which includes control testing, validation and assessment reviews to determine the effectiveness of the control environment and program adherence.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the design and development of testing strategies and methodologies to assess the effectiveness of the bank’s practices used to validate the control environment.
- Analyze business processes with identified risk and controls and identifies operational risk issues and assigns risk rating consistent with established policy standards.
- Facilitate and lead group level meetings with senior Key stakeholders to communicate status of program , known gaps, remediation status, and influence decisions and action when appropriate.
- Performs Quality Assurance for work performed by peers, track areas which need to be addressed holistically and lead a team of independent testers.
- Manages own work assignments to complete self-assessments and other reviews/projects as assigned.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment, manages multiple tasks concurrently, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and build strong working relationships.
- Create and distribute reports for senior and executive management that summarizes the scope of work performed, findings, and residual risk levels.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the “Operational Risk Programs” within the team’s scope of responsibility of testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 yrs Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combinedwith experience. Requires 10 years minimum prior directly related experience in risk and or compliance management and/or auditing operations.
- Strong knowledge of risk management policies/procedures as it relates to specific risk area.
- Analytical, forward, and critical thinker.
- Ability to prioritize, create order, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written skills for composing and editing reports and presentations
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaboration/coordination/liaison functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.