At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Primary responsibilities include, in partnership with Relationship Managers, (i) identifying opportunities on assigned markets across the full range of the GTS product suite, (ii) structuring/ delivering the solutions, and (iii) generating significant fee and interest income for GTS by maintaining existing and developing new GTS relationships. Primarily responsible for medium and small clients. Works independently with minimal supervision on structuring and delivering solutions.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Partners with CBG and RBG Relationship Managers to cultivate clients and prospects for the sale of Global Trade Solutions.
Generates the targeted amount of new business revenues in a given year by identifying markets within and outside of the Bank's customer base.
Reconciles most GTS sales issues on assigned market and ensures questions concerning GTS are duly and timely addressed.
Leads phone and physical meetings with prospects, alone or together with the assigned Relationship Manager.
Ensures risks and risk mitigation options under the proposed structure are documented and explained to ensure Credit Management makes informed decisions, with the support of the GTS Structured Solutions Specialist or GTS Head as needed
Ensures deals are properly structured, documented (with the support of the GTS Structured Solutions Specialist or GTS head as needed) and booked; collaborates with Legal, Operations, and Middle Office when needed
- Lead sensitive/ strategic business development or infrastructure project/initiatives identified by Management Educates line Relationship Managers on the content and promotion of GTS products. Ensures others on the sales team are trained and are ready to identify client needs Submits reports on sales activity (call report, pipeline) and maintains records for management supervision and best practice sharing. Interacts with professional organizations as sources of referral
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Track record of identifying and structuring complex trade transactions across multiple geographies and legal jurisdictions.
- Very strong problem solving skills that can be translated into financial structures with an emphasis on mitigating credit and transaction risks under various trade financing structures.
- Understanding of working capital management principles and latest requirements in trade traditional and supply chain finance.
- Aptitude for understanding and applying legal documentation.
- Good internal and external client marketing and service skills, including strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong capacity for autonomy after given direction.
- Self-starter, highly sales oriented and entrepreneurial.
- Resilient and committed – able to deliver within tight deadlines and under pressure, flexible over working hours and prepare to travel.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related