Sr Lead Financial Analyst
of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re
investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and
promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S.,
Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting FP&A manager in producing monthly and quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects . This includes the annual expense and capital budget process, the monthly reporting and monitoring of the actual and budget results and capital expenditures, and monthly forecasting for the total bank.
- Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
- Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making.
- Provide insights into reports and develop and provide high quality presentation to executives.
- Provide direct support to the Planning and Reporting SVP as it pertains to the following: Management reporting to internal consumers as well as board of directors.
- Ensure meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy
- Provide strategic insight in the review of the Bank’s performance, including the performance of individual business lines, support divisions, and Treasury.
- Full ownership of ad-hoc FP&A projects or analysis with a focus on end-to-end development
- Lead and supervise preparation of budget and quarterly forecast presentation materials to executive management
- Proactively communicate with management on potential reporting issues and propose solutions and alternatives
- Drive the review of bank’s monthly results, comparing forecast, budget, and prior period results.
- Identify and research anomalies and trends in data that require investigation to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the Business Lines and to incorporate those drivers into the profitability analysis of the Bank
- Team up with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis to enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and control of reporting process Intersect with Budget and Forecast team in review of consolidated projections.
- Identify and challenge any inconsistent assumptions Coordinate monthly production calendar for corporate and business partners.
- Provides training and guidance to less-experienced staff and internal customers, may supervise junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree is a
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting.
- Working knowledge of funds transfer pricing principles.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Five + years of experience in banking/financial services industry preferred Proven judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; ; Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Strong professional communication and presentation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.