** Sr Lead Database Administrator
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for the architecture, administration, support, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term Denodo and MSSQL Server solution to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
• Design, architect, and build databases based application systems from business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems that are completely available and highly scalable
• Automate and perfect operational DBA duties which will include installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implementing backup/recovery and monitoring procedures, capacity planning and site failover/switchover.
• Interface with clients, network, hardware and system operations teams to resolve problems with application/database systems in a timely manner.
• Follow change management process and participate in related meetings.
• Create and maintain database/application architecture and standards following SQL Server Best practices for physical structures, logical databases, user management.
• Define and maintain application architecture and standards following Data Virtualization best practices for logical virtual databases, user management.
• Act as a database project leader for critical, time driven, visible projects, if needed.
• Integrate/collaborate with application development and support teams on various IT projects.
• Provide thought leadership and assist in setting strategic direction for Database, Data Virtualization infrastructure and technology
• Provide off hours support and maintenance as required, part of the 24x7 operations support on call rotations
• Contribute ideas for continually improving application productivity.
• Drives the team and participates in defining IT roadmap, Architecture and IT Operational efficiency initiatives.
• Partners with platform services on platform related issues, planning and Disaster Recovery.
• Collaborate with all relevant IT resources to develop preventive measures (Problem Management).
• Influence effective solutions in a matrixed organization.
• Represent the team and effectively communicate with management within the bank on key issues.
• Fill in for peers and manager as required on projects and meetings to represent the team.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience.
• 1-2 years of experience administering small to medium mission-critical Denodo or other data virtualization application environments.
• 10-12 years of experience administering medium- to large-scale mission-critical enterprise MSSQL Server database in multi-terabyte environments.
• Scripting experience in one of the following: PowerShell, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Java, Perl, or Python.
• Hands-on experience on SQL tuning, stored procedures
• Proficiency working with Windows, Unix/Linux platforms
• Ability to learn and support new application systems
• Good technical leadership and communications skills, team player, and ability to work under pressure.
• Performing Enterprise wide Database Upgrade and Migrations projects.
• Good knowledge of clustering using load balancer, caching (Data Virtualization)
• Good knowledge of JDBC, ODBC, XML and Web Services APIs
• Experience of DW/BI is a plus
• Hands-on experience with Oracle database or Big Data is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.