At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for high level of data quality through the creation and management of sound Metadata management
processes. In addition, they will drive the efficiencies for data management and evaluation of how data flows. This
individual is responsible for governance and policies, standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data
definitions, and monitoring/auditing the overall enterprise data quality. Work closely with other work-streams so
that the data management requirements are appropriately implemented within individual work-streams in a
consistent manner.Essential Job Functions
- Consults with and guides business owners to document, implement and maintain the metadata and business rules for the
bank's data, beginning with the data required.
- Analyzes the data within the bank, identifies issues and makes recommendations to ensure adherence to consistent definitions, business naming standards, development of standard calculations, security requirements, etc.
- Develops and enforces methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality and accuracy through the
- Identifies any issuers or anomalies in the quality of data within the bank's systems.
- Entrusted with improving, and maintaining a high level of, data quality.
- Develops metrics and reporting requirements for ongoing monitoring of the bank's data.
- Prioritizes directs the resolution of data quality related issues; counsels business and technology
representatives to have them resolved.
- Resolves escalated issues.
- 10 -12 years of relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Strong knowledge of business data within a banking organization.
- Prior experience in the financial industry is highly desirable, specifically as it relates to Basel II and credit risk
- Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements, for example, Knowledge of key database concepts,
data models, relationships between different types of data, etc.
- Solid understanding of theories, principles, processes, practices, and tools, including data quality, data
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Administrative/Technical Skills – Job-specific skill requirements, for example, Action oriented change agent
mentality with a strong drive for results.
- Excellent communication skills Ability to work with people across multiple work-streams.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve problem quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is desired.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Commercial