Sr Lead Business Analyst
of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re
investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and
promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S.,
Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
As a Senior Lead Business Analyst, you will apply your analytical and people skills to solve major organizational challenges. You will support the Systematics Applications (aka Host or Core Banking) as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be part of the Systematics Business team. You will work with Business and IT teams to advise on business problems and collaborate to implement solutions as it relates to the core banking applications.
• Understand business urgent and long-term goals along with improvement opportunities. Define objective or problem to solve, and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop strategic and tactical recommendations.
• Drive business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
• Support business projects by advising business partners on how to translate business objectives into project requirements, support prioritization and tradeoffs among conflicting requirements, and articulate requirements to project team members.
• Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to development and implementation. Recommend solution options with clear and concise language appropriate for each audience.
• Evaluate data gathered from multiple servicing and other source systems, reconcile differences, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to understand and distinguish optional user requests from what is required.
• Analyze workflows and existing processes/systems. Research system functionality as it applies to business problems and recommend solutions and processing improvements.
• Assist with documenting testable requirements, articulate validation criteria and support user acceptance in product development. Lead joint application design (JAD) sessions and develop business and functional requirements as necessary.
• Support training & adoption of business or technology changes within the organization.
• Provide regular, clear, and concise status updates to business partners and management
• Work with vendors to clearly articulate requirements for design and solution
• Act as the primary liaison between business partners, development team and technology. "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) for Systematics and provide business knowledge as needed. As an expert you will maintain documentation and understand system architecture documents for your area.
• Partner with IT to manage technology product through its life cycle of selection, deployment, upgrades, enhancements and sunset. Evaluate emerging trends and products in the industry and recommend technology products that could transform and enable business. Influence vendors to develop and build new features/enhancements to support emerging business needs.
• Test and rollout technology product upgrades for the organization.
- At least 7 years of business analysis experience
• Experience with Banking products, services and operational processes
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects
• Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline and able to operate in a fast paced environment.
• Very good understanding of software delivery lifecycle with focus on requirement management and business analysis.
• Experience in process mapping / process flows / process modeling
• Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
• Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
• Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence and interact with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS Visio / MS PowerPoint
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
• Experience with FIS Systematics Core Banking applications
• Experience with Digital platform and product development
• May have broad knowledge of project management.
• Certification from IIBA
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting, financial analysis and principles of economics.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution balance sheet and profit and loss analysis techniques.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory issues such as capital issues and GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Thorough understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Bank’s loan products.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects would be beneficial for the candidate.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.