At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, designing, developing, and launching efficient business,financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Act as a liaison and support business partners to ensure consistent progression and effective communication.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes proposed plans including pricing, products, programs and investments to determine costs and profit. Analyzes results of proposals implemented.
- Conducts research and complex studies. Prepares management reports and makes presentations on study results.
- Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the Bank's business units and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer and product profitability in conjunction with various other units.
- Responsible for relaying information to both business and technology teams in easily understood terms.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
Other Job Duties
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write user stories, manage scrum calls, and prioritize backlog.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Developers to compose requirements.
- Primary liaison between the customer and the project team.
- May assist in the facilitation of agile ceremonies, e.g., product backlog refinement, preplanning, planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of job area typically obtained through higher level education combined with work experience.
- Typically viewed as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 5 to 7 years of Agile experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for documenting necessary processes, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and project documentation as required.
- Thorough understanding of application principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.