At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for appraising livestock, feed and equipment and for preparing or reviewing varied and complex budgets on all types of field, tree and vine crops, including dairies; and for performing periodic inspections on cropping and livestock operations of all sizes including loans over $25MM. Works independently with minimal administrative supervision. Responsible for providing ongoing training and guidance for Agricultural Field Representatives Senior I and Agricultural Field Representatives I, II.
Other Job Duties
- Prepares and reviews varied and complex crop budgets and cash flow projections and prepares reports evaluating borrower's historical performance. Uses historical analysis of financial statements, tax returns, budgets, yields, market prices, industry information, along with current and forecasted information to determine equity and margins in an operation. Reports to include discussion of soils, water availability, equipment availability, marketing and management.
- Performs periodic inspections of farm/ranch operations to evaluate performance and adherence to budgeted projections, to include evaluation of yields and prices currently anticipated versus those originally budgeted. Determines status of remaining receivables and outstanding payables.
- Prepares or reviews livestock or dairy budgets. Performs periodic appraisals of livestock and of stored feed supplies to determine loan equity positions. Reports to include evaluation of livestock's health and condition, facilities, marketing, management and livestock valuation and equity position.
- Keeps fully informed on agricultural issues including market conditions, governmental regulations, weather patterns, water supplies, and technological advancements in agriculture.
- Manages Ag Field Office in the absence of the Ag Field Manager. Reviews fieldwork and reports and signs necessary documentation to keep office running smoothly
- Ensures compliance with the appropriate professional and regulatory standards.
- Maintains a liaison with the account officer for whom reports are prepared.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management