At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
We’re looking for a dynamic advertising professional to help lead the development of our unique brand story.
Our bank is in transformation mode: we have a sustainable energy policy, and will no longer fund things like coal and arctic drilling. We also have stories to tell about our commitment to women’s entrepreneurship, the environment, and other business-focused initiatives.
This position is a senior position that’s equal parts strategy and execution; you need to enjoy getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks. The advertising lead is responsible for managing external and internal creative teams in development of advertising across channels and segments with a focus on driving brand awareness and engagement.
This role will accelerate the pace of change and continue to build the Bank of the West brand. As an advertising expert, this includes continuing to push the quality of the creative and message in order to drive growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage AOR, multicultural and merchandising agencies
- Support the development and ensure execution consistency of cross-channel branding and messaging strategies
- Work with analytics team and channel leaders to act on relevant insights, measure effectiveness, and produce reporting.
Partner with Awareness Media Lead in development of annual media plans
Significantly improve existing processes and practices so as to have impact on the achievement of functional results.
Work effectively with internal stakeholders; Marketing & Communication Business Line Leads & Communications, Sponsorship and Social Media teams
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics tied to advertising.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Financial Services experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree Communication or Business
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend, strategize and effectively execute on changing priorities as necessary.
- Think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of plans, to the day-to-day management of execution
- Must demonstrate superior written, interpersonal, project management and leadership skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations