Sr Ld Bus Intelligence Analyst
Job Description Summary
*No sponsorship offered at this time
Responsible for the designing, implementing, and maintaining Tableau and OBIEE Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions including the underlying data table design in reporting data mart, ETL from source multiple databases into data mart, as well as the dashboard tools. Work directly with business users and management to understand the needs, develop and deliver business intelligence solutions to satisfy business goals and strategic direction of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the BI Infrastructure in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
- Assist in developing and monitoring of the ETL processes to ensure performance of the system and security of the data.
- Work with business users to develop key analytic tools that allow them to both monitor and drive business development and strategy.
- Develop BI metadata and models for standard, ad hoc reporting, analysis and management dashboards .
- Participate in user requirement gathering, leading the prototype for all BI initiatives.
- Lead the internal review process of reports, queries built by business users and identify duplicate calculations, filters etc. that can be built in the data mart.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for and BI platform.
- Mentor other team members, including consulting or outsourced resources as needed on BI architecture best practices.
Other Job Duties
- Assist report designers in report development, testing, production and maintenance.
- Identify re-engineering opportunities through research and analysis of business and system process inefficiencies to ensure the company maintains a competitive advantage with information.
- Understand existing BI/Analytics related products within Bank of the West and research technology opportunities and industry trends in order to advise internal clients on the applicability and utilization of technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 - 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires advanced SQL skills
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau & an understanding of advanced techniques including LOD calculations, Data Blending, and overall dashboard design experience for C-suite executives down to line managers
- OBIEE experience a plus
- Experience with SSIS a plus
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in the designing, creating and manipulation of large data marts.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling and Architecture.
- Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational and dimensional.
- Experience with an Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tool.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.