Sr Ld BBC Deposit/Liquidity Relationship Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining of profitable business banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Generates, maintains and grows relationships by presenting new deposit opportunities and cross selling business and personal banking products to new and existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex business banking or community market commercial relationships. May act in a lead capacity over less experienced Relationship Managers by providing guidance and supporting work flow. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex business banking and community market commercial relationships as applicable to the line of business.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is to generate new deposits and to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understand current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Deposit Products, Cash Management, Trade Services, Capital Markets products, loan products and personal banking products and services.
- Works with bank partners and individually develops prospects for new business through the sale of Cash Management solutions designed to meet complex client needs within assigned geography or business segment. Keeps informed of current activities in the Cash Management field including new products and other general information of customers.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the business deposit and cash management products. Manages existing portfolio and stays informed of developing trends in the market and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- P5 - 10 yrs Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.