At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the detailed architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology initiatives that are of highest complexity levels with multiple new integrations. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Advises and Leads software architecture services typically in a defined highly complex project(s) by coordinating with Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Ensures that defined architecture is successfully implemented
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Develops and governs software policies, standards and procedures
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Reviews and advises IT standards and procedures.
- Manages development team for their delivery as needed
- Mentors Software engineers and associate engineers
- Develops and drive technology roadmap for the program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology