Sr Infrastructure Engineer I - Linux/Unix
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position with be part of the IT Security Transformation team at Bank of the West and will help execute our security agendas and realize security goals by building and improving internal processes and technology environments. By guiding Bank of the West through large and complex cyber initiatives, we will help improve our company's security posture, enable the business and increase the value we get out of security technology investments.
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Develops and reviews system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Guides the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Leads the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. High-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Splunk desired
- Experience with OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes desired
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with SAN, NAS, VMware, and IP networking
- Expert knowledge in Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Solaris in virtual environments
- Automation via scripting BASH, KSH, Perl, Python
- Assist in troubleshooting and solving common software problems as they relate to assigned systems.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Linux engineering experience
- RHEL certified - Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.