At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides leadership in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Reviews market trends and collaborates with vendors and other technology teams to develop infrastructure solutions to meet business needs. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead design specification and implementation of system hardware and software, ensure proper performance and system reliability.
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Acts as a technical lead for other team members and projects.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains required certifications identified by industry and equipment vendors.
Other Job Duties
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Documents and publishes technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Last level escalation for problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.