At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position with be part of the IT Security Transformation team at Bank of the West and will help execute our security agendas and realize security goals by building and improving internal processes and technology environments. By guiding Bank of the West through large and complex cyber initiatives, we will help improve our company's security posture, enable the business and increase the value we get out of security technology investments.
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain
equipment and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of regulatory environment and
compliance related issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains appropriate
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Follows documented techniques and performs testing and
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper
security, performance and stabilizes systems.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments
through the monitoring and development of secure solutions.
Other Job Duties
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are
experiencing. Mid-tier resource for security problem support.
- Coordinates the tasks associated with vulnerabilities.
- Reviews and contributes to system and network performance
results, the development of system security standards, strategies, and
- Ensures the compliance with documented strategies.
- Demonstrated competency with information security
fundamentals and technical concepts-including networking and various cyber
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable;
financial services preferred.
- Assists the business, security and technical subject matter
experts to deploy security fixes, controls and processes.
- Defines, analyzes, evaluates, and aids in the implementation
of security solutions to meet business needs.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience; VMWare experience - Required
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives
- Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
- Design, deploy, and troubleshoot security solutions based on VMWare and cloud environments
- Review existing technology implementations and suggest and implement improvements and upgrades.
- Use and evaluate the most advanced tools, technology, and product design solutions that support secure enterprise-wide applications.
- Maintain awareness of the foundation that virtual infrastructure provides for the delivery of IT services.
- Experience with IBM ICP and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) desired
- Experience with Splunk desired
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) desired
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology