At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
The Engineer in this role will be responsible for providing technical support of VMware, Citrix software, Windows operating systems and supporting technologies.The Engineer filling this position will be accountable for:
- VMWare software installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performing or coordinating maintenance on Windows hardware.
- Performing top-level trouble ticket resolution.
- Following established policies, procedures and audit standards.
- Developing and maintaining scripts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- 5+ years VMWare experience.
- Strong knowledge of VMware in a large scale environment.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Strong storage management experience.
- Functional knowledge of LDAP and Kerberos.
- Knowledge of Rd Hat Enterprise Linux and AIX a plus.
- Knowledge of SAN storage management.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology