At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's annual financial statements in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and GAAP. Responsible for performing financial reporting activities, including the preparation of highly-complex shareholder reports, researching proposed, new or revised IFRS disclosure requirements and analyze the resulting impact on the Bank's reports to BNPP.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for leading the preparation of the annual U.S. GAAP Financial Statements to ensure accuracy, compliance with reporting framework and consistency with other external reports.
- Compiling data for and prepares periodic financial reports of a highly complex nature.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements of the assigned subsidiaries including compilation of various corporate reporting templates for GAAP, Statutory or IFRS reporting.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day financial reporting responsibilities including developing ways to improve reporting templates focusing on efficiency and compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Acts as a lead for employees supporting the financial reporting process.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and other report generation instruments.
- Develop and maintain robust documentation for all key processes - automated and manual - associated with GAAP and IFRS reporting function.
- Interacts with auditors to provide information and access to accounting records and financial reports.
- Research technical accounting literature to analyze and critically assess reporting information with a focus on not only compliance, but improvement as well. Present recommendations to Management.
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development.
- Stays current on new and evolving accounting pronouncements, keeping management informed as to their relevance to the Bank.
- Frequent interaction with Business Analysts and Technology Resources.
- Ability to write clear business requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting or Finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
- Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills
- Bank product and service knowledge highly preferred
- Compile statistics data and create reports using Microsoft Excel Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint)
- Time management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Strong professional communication, presentation skills, and ability to coordinate and lead meetings
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance