At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses. Prepares materials for distribution to the board of directors and executive management committee. Perform in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Prepares management reporting to internal consumers as well as board of directors. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year of the total bank and individual business units. May partner with divisions within the business unit in support of FP&A activities.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the Bank's business units and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
- May assist in the annual production of bank financials for goodwill assessment
- Participates in system implementation and process improvement projects; e.g. implementation of planning and cost allocation modules of Oracle’s System 9 product (essbase)..
- Researches relevant business developments in the organization and/or within the industry.
- Assists with the integration of acquired entities into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
- Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance