At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team focusing on bank revenue analytics. The position will cover a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources, performing statistical analyses, financial modeling, and reporting. Will involve close coordination with the lines of business, treasury, and other support units across the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct meaningful and insightful analysis on bank revenue; develop and maintain financial models to track and forecast the bank’s revenue trajectory against budget and prior year.
- Monitor impact to bank revenue due to customer behavior, industry trends, market competition, and changing economic scenarios.
- Provides monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year of the total bank and individual business units. May partner with divisions within the business unit in support of FP&A activities.
- Provide support to corporate FP&A in discussions involving forecast/budget of revenue, funds transfer pricing, bank liquidity, product pricing.
- Support various units across the bank in data collection, analysis, and forecasting; provide a variety of ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Develop and distribute financial reporting to senior management and executive leadership.
- Research relevant business developments in the organization and/or within the industry.
Other Job Duties
- Proactively communicates with management on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
- Ensures consistency in business unit reporting methodology across the organization in actual performance and forecasted projections.
- May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase
- Excellent Power Point presentation and Excel ability required
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance