Sr Financial Analyst
At Bank of the West,
our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we
feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women
entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of
the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives,
and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Leads Finance efforts with internal clients to translate business strategy into financial plans and supports decision-making to help achieve business and ultimately enterprise financial objectives. Responsible for advising and supporting multiple units with expense management and reporting. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data. Prepares materials and analysis for distribution to executive management.
Essential Job Functions
· Responsible for financial forecasts, annual planning and budgeting, variance analysis, as well as ad hoc analysis of projects and initiatives.
· Serve as a key communications bridge between business units and Finance management to identify trends and courses of action, ensure and represent the accuracy of financial information, and develop analytical frameworks to design and measure results.
· Provide management with measurement data to support strategic decisions and present findings at the executive level.
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget, forecast, and prior year.
- May participate in system implementation and process improvement projects.
- Researches relevant business developments in the organization.
- Assists with the integration of acquired entities or project implementations into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
Other Job Duties
- Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
Location: This role can be based full time in SF or part-time in San Ramon and part-time in SF.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.