At Bank of the West, our people
are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can
make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is
taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and
strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting FP&A manager in
producing monthly and quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating
plan variance analysis and special projects . This includes the annual expense
and capital budget process, the monthly reporting and monitoring of the actual
and budget results and capital expenditures, and monthly forecasting for the
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in continued development of Budgeting, Financial
Forecasting, and Operating Plans.
- Supervises preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial reports, monitors
key drivers of financial performance, highlighting trends and analyzing
causes of unexpected variances
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual
financial performance compared to annual budget, quarterly forecast, and
prior year of the total bank and individual business units. May partner
with Divisions within the Business Unit in support of FP&A activities.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to
provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for
decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads
with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior
- Implements and manages phases of the annual budgeting
process assuring accuracy of communications to all affected
- Leads or participates in system implementation and
process improvement projects; e.g. implementation of planning and cost
allocation modules of Oracle’s System 9 product (essbase)
- Ad-Hoc reporting and
Other Job Duties
- Assists with the integration of acquired entities into
the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have
deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 8+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree is a
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles
of economics of financial and cost accounting.
- Working knowledge of funds transfer pricing principles.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance
sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques Working knowledge of GAAP
accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Five + years of experience in banking/financial
services industry preferred Proven judgment in selecting methods,
techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse
analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable
factor Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, executives,
managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; ; Knowledge
of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Strong professional communication and presentation
skills Identify and challenge any inconsistent assumptions Coordinate
monthly production calendar for corporate and business partners
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity
employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers
without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is
also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance