At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Sr. Data Analytics Analyst will be responsible for planning and managing data analytics that provide overall data management and reporting. This individual will oversee the development of analytical tools and solutions to support the business operations, while also working cross-functionally to identify business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
This position is part of our End to End Operations Team. We are looking for a talented professional who understands the ins and outs of developing new organizational Metrics/KPIs that align with industry standards.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees the business line's data analytics strategy. This may include recommending and developing of related programs for the business line.
- Manages the research, design, development, testing, retrieval, and data reporting; utilizing the knowledge of various software packages.
- Identifies business, technology, and process improvement opportunities. This may include making recommendations to business line leaders.
- Establishes and serves as Business Line's "analytic review" function to ensure the uniformity and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered consistently to business partners.
- Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science or a related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Excellent knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools; including intermediate/advanced experience with Excel (modeling).
- Understanding of style guides and editorial process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Understanding or knowledge of Banking/Financial Services is highly preferred.
- Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations