At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the maintenance of security solutions within the Cybersecurity Office. Supports the business, security, and technical staff by assisting with the deployment of security controls and processes. Maintains and supports security tools. Escalates security incidents in order for appropriate action to be taken. Delivers timely and high quality work products to meet expectations. Aids in the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Escalates and assists in enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with the creation and/or review of processes.
- Communicates and coordinates with technology and business functional groups to specify hardware, software and network connectivity for production and test environments.
- Conducts forensic investigations and/or ensures systems specifications, security controls and appropriate logging and monitoring align with business needs.
- Assists with support of existing systems and/or business requests.
- Provide reports as assigned on key trends, performance and risk indicators affecting the group’s processes, tools, and responsibilities for management and key stakeholders.
- Provides support on assigned tools and processes.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of Information Security Tool deployment and operations.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Ability to design mixed-technology solutions.
- Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
- Responsible for and/or managing the identification, collection, and analysis of electronic data, with the goal of preserving any evidence in its most original form while performing a structured investigation that is legally defensible.
- In concert with the banks HR, Legal, Corporate Security and Information Security Departments.
- Performs eDiscovery tasks as required in support of requests from Legal and HR in the support of litigation for and against the Bank.
- Conducts examination of logs, hard drives, network traffic, and other data to support targeted investigations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.