At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing and maintaining security solutions within the Cybersecurity Office. Supports the business, security, and technical staff by assisting with the deployment of security controls and processes. Maintains and supports security tools. Escalates security incidents in order for appropriate action to be taken. Delivers timely and high quality work products to meet client's expectations. Defines, analyzes, evaluates, and facilitates the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Reviews, monitors, recommends and reports enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance. Mentors Junior Engineers and assists them in developing greater knowledge in the toolsets. Assist Cyber Security Operations with: Writing technical procedure documents, preparing and validating audit closure packages, and monitoring.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages relationships and consults with business, technical and other key partners on relevant security systems, best practices, and trends.
- Reviews, drafts, and outlines processes related to tools under their management.
- Communicates and coordinates with technology and business functional groups to specify hardware, software and network connectivity for production and test environments.
- Conducts forensic investigations and/or ensures systems specifications, security controls and appropriate logging and monitoring align with business needs.
- Partners with business, technology, Legal, HR, Compliance and other key stakeholders to support existing systems and/or business requests.
- Develops and reports key trends, performance and risk indicators affecting the group’s processes, tools, and responsibilities for management and key stakeholders.
- Provides senior level support on tools and processes.
- May act as a Team Lead. In capacity as a team lead: Work with other team members to oversee day to day activities Provide team members with guidance related to their daily assigned work Assist in identifying training that may be useful to team members Meet regularly with assigned team members Provide feedback to the team manager on team member’s performance and/or work product Assist the team manager in setting strategy and goals for the team as a whole.
Other Job Duties
- May participate in various special projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of preferred security experience (experience in and understanding of all security domains).
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of Information Security Tool deployment and operations,
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Ability to lead operational projects to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Broad knowledge of cyber, be proficient at technical writing, and have experience with preparing evidence of remediation to satisfy audit scrutiny.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$75,000 - $170,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for annual incentives.
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated may undergo regular testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.