At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
As a key member of the Information Security Application Monitoring team, you will bring your passion, leadership and knowledge of IT and IS together to achieve monitoring goals by working with stakeholders across IS, IT and business units. In particular, you will partner with business application teams to assess their logging capabilities to enable new monitoring features and assist with onboarding to security monitoring platforms. You will also work in conjunction with the Cybersecurity Operations Center to explore and develop advanced monitoring use cases.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the application monitoring program, including meeting roadmap milestones and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Manage relationships and consult with business, technical and other key partners on relevant security systems, best practices, and trends.
- Deliver timely and high quality work products. Define, analyze, evaluate, and facilitate the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs.
- Assist the team manager in setting strategy and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years relevant experience required.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or relevant field is preferred
- Additional education and certifications preferred (ex. CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CEH, CCSP)
- Experience with information security standards and frameworks
- Ability to lead operational projects to completion.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Create clear and concise reports
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Security Tool deployment and operations
- Knowledge of application architectures
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.