At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and defining security solutions in relation to development and support of complex security systems and business applications, specifications and procedures. Partners with assigned business lines on security controls and auditing/monitoring processes for said controls. Solutions must conform to regulatory obligations, Bank of the West security policy and Enterprise Information Security (EIS) security standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads business and technical partners with expert knowledge of relevant security system technologies.
- Elicits and translates business requirements to systems specifications for securing complex business systems; ensures security specifications align with business requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed systems specifications for complex security systems that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Collaborates with business functional groups in analyzing and evaluating business requirements; develops and manages the security aspects of the logical and functional design.
- Reviews departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported security controls and/or systems and proposes relevant changes/updates.
Other Job Duties
- May evaluate system parameters and formats to determine direction of upgrades, enhancements, development, and maintenance of various security systems.
- May assist in developing complex test plans and test conditions of business systems and interface applications to ensure proper implementation of security controls.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for relevant business or system processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Previous project management experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Ability to design mixed-technology solutions.
- Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.