At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for performing complex investigations related to potential losses and/or suspected criminal activity. Conducts annual physical security inspections, regional staff training and fraud awareness sessions. Completes detailed reports in order to document compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Other Job Duties
- Prepares and thoroughly documents factual and impartial findings in a timely and professional manner utilizing rules of judicial evidence and in accordance with regulatory requirements..
- Responds to and evaluates specific threats, robberies or other critical incidents in an expeditious manner. Recommends physical security enhancements needed at facilities to protect and safeguard the Bank's employees and premises.
- Researches, analyzes, and investigates complex internal and external cases or specialized fraud resulting potential losses, loss and/or suspected criminal activity.
- Pursues proactive recoveries of financial losses with contacts at other financial institutions.
- May monitor online fraud activity, having technical understanding of Bank's product lines, and suggests revision to policies and procedures in order to prevent losses to the Bank.
- Conducts branch and back office inspections in compliance with regulatory requirements and to identify potential security issues.
- May respond to and evaluate specific threats, robberies other critical incidents.
- Provides routine reports on investigations due to scrutiny from law enforcement, prosecutors, regulators, state and local social services, and executive management of the Bank.
- Conducts branch and back office inspections in compliance with regulatory requirements and to identify potential issues surrounding IT security issues.
- Provides detailed and thorough reports on all investigations due to scrutiny from law enforcement, prosecutors, regulators, state and local social services, ITAC, and executive management of Bank.
- Completes enhanced due diligence at the request of senior management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Preferred certifications: CFE and/or CISSP
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of investigative techniques, evidence gathering and demonstrated interview skills Detailed analytical and research skills Ability to work independently Detailed planning and organizing skills Ability to create and present applicable training for Bank staff Display initiative.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security